Monday, January 24, 2011

Disney 2011 :D

Well right now I'm rocking out to Disney Music haha and listening to "A Whole New World" way too many times than necessary because I'm singing it for my West Side Story Audition tomorrow!! :D I want to be Velma, so fingers crossed. I'm kind of nervous but it's more of an excited adrenaline rush... does that mean it's just an adrenaline rush then? Hmmmmm....
So Florida was amazing to the point where it was truly a dream come true. Yeah there was some drama, but I got to tell you, being in a cute little town 15 minutes away from Disney with my best friends and wearing shorts in January is the most extraordinary memory ever. We were right near this place called Old Town/Kissime, Florida. It was SO cute! There was  haunted house that was REALLY FREAKING SCARY. A 50's store with this huge Marilyn Monroe statue, a surf shop, and a cute little theme park where I was a bad ass at driving a go-cart ^.^ I loved it there so much. I found it funny though how many locals came up to us (most wearing jeans and even down coats in 80 degree weather!) and asking us, "How are you wearing shorts?! Aren't you freezing?!?" Then we'd say "No we're from Colorado," and everything was just suddenly explained. They had a lot of good french fries/milk shakes in Florida too I noticed....
I LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED Disney! I wish I could go back :(
Animal Kingdom was so cultural and unique, and just seeing all the different African animals on the Safari we went on :) And Expedition Everest was CRAZY. I loved standing in line, as weird as that sounds. You walk through the Base Camp, Lab... Thing and the Yeti Museum it was so cool! And very Tibetan. I think I want to design sets and things like that for Disney haha :)
Magic Kingdom was crazy, holy crap. We had to stand in like 45 minutes compared to Animal Kingdom where we only had to wait 15 minutes, or just run up to the front even. The fireworks were lovely, and The The next day we went to Epcot, and that was so cool! My friends and I mostly explored the countries and went on a few rides. The fireworks show at the end of the night though was insane!! It was amazing to be so close and all the special effects and ahhhhhhhhh.
Monday: Kennedy Space Center. Saw the coolest IMAX feature on the Hubble telescope. I feel so insignificant compared to all of those stars though hahaha :) And we did a rocket ship simulation, it was okay. You just got turned vertical and shaken. Then we went to Cocoa Beach!! Ah God I loved it so much, I miss the beach. Then we went and saw Blue Man Group and I'm telling you now: If you have the opportunity to see them TAKE IT! Holy sh*t, that was the most amazing show I have ever seen in my entire life!! :D It was basically a mini rave at the end with strobe lights, fist pumping, toilet paper, paint, swirly tube things, music they made with pipes, cereal, Twinkies and endless amount of cheering from our choir :) LOVED IT!
And last but not least: Hollywood Studios!! That's was SOOO much fun!! Tower of Terror: HOLY SHIT. My stomach was jumping all over the place. And on Rock N' Roller coaster we went from 0 to 60 in a second, not kidding, and then three loop-de-loops right in the first 30 seconds. My internal organs were pushed against my spine and my heart was in my throat. We went on Tower of Terror twice and Rock N' Roller coaster three times :) then we explored, got ice cream, saw The Little Mermaid. We got home at 2 am, and the next day at school was HORRID.
But now I'm on to my last full week of January 2011, and tomorrow I'll be auditioning for West Side Story!!! :D SO EXCITED! And contacts I think on Wednesday :)
Life is good my friends!
Photo shoots and writing and sketches (Oh my!) to come! I'm off to bed. Or crocheting... no bed it's late. There are not enough hours in the day!!
XOXO
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment