Sunday, August 08, 2010

Bowie Bolts at nearly Three AM... I really need to get some sleep.


 



















Okay so I was kind of interested in the fact that the Bowie Bolt keeps showing up in my life ever since I watched The Runaways. I'm not taking it as a sign that I should start listening to Bowie or anything. In fact I haven't even seen David Bowie with the bolt until I Googled the picture I pasted to this post. I was actually more surprised to see it popping up on woman's faces, such as Dakota Fanning's when she lip sings a Bowie song as Cherie Currie in the Runaways (above left). And I was also browsing The Olive Martini out of curiosity and accident, and I came across this picture of Lady Gaga (above right) posted to one of her posts titled To Thine Own Style Be True. She was talking about the style's of Ta'vi, Lily Allen, Lady Gaga, and Alexa Chung. I guess it was just surprising to see the bolt... well not really 'cause it's Lady Gaga but to see it show up... yeah i think you get what I'm saying.

I'm starting to wonder now what it'd be like to do a shoot with the Bowie Bolt painted on your face or perhaps for Halloween... I don't think I would do school talent show like Dakota Fanning/Cherie Currie (I don't know if that scene is even really, but it's an awesome scene.) but I think it's a very bold statement, especially back in the seventies before she [Currie] joined The Runaways (a.k.a The first girl rock band!).
I think I'll rest my case on the Bowie Bolt here, due to the fact that my brain is finally starting to slow down, so I'm going to take this as an advantage and try to get some sleep. Laundry, visiting my mom, and fashion trends, debates, and notes are soon to come on here. I also have to upload like 200 pictures from my trip on to my computer then on to Facebook, and then quite possibly some will go on here. I know that I have like six I want on here. We'll see...
Night (for real this time hopefully),
-Katie
P.S OH MY GOD THREE AM?! GAH!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment