Sunday, August 08, 2010

Songs of the Summer Setting... minus that pop/rap crap you call music

I'm Not Your Toy- LaRoux
Bulletproof- LaRoux
Cherry Bomb- The Runaways
The Only Exception- Paramore
Club Can't Handle Me- Flo Rida
Alive- Black Eyed Peas
Blackbird- The Beatles
The Prophet's Song- Queen
Misguided Ghosts- Paramore
Glitter in the Air- P!nk

Okay yeah that's a pretty slim list I know but my iPod is dead and in my car, and it's one in the morning so I'll work on this list more later. I know I said in my last post that I was retiring for the night but I cannot sleep. I'm mad at myself, but have you ever tried sleeping with a mind full of ideas? Try it sometime and then you can judge me.
So this post was inspired by a post Haley made, kind of like her play list I don't know what it was, and I'm kind of on a brink of discovering new music before the summer ends because after watching The Runaways and reading Elly Jackson's (singer for LaRoux) interview with Teen Vogue (August 2010 issue):
"I swear to God if I hear "DJ turn it up" in one more song I'm going to take a gun to my head." -Elly Jackson of LaRoux
I feel the same way; I'm sick of hearing about Miley Cyrus's new scandalous video that is "so NOT Disney" or how Nick Jonas is going solo with an all new (it's still bubble gum trash) sound. I mean seriously?! Disney has been working the TV/Singing ratio for soo long now that I'm about ready to start a riot. Demi Lavoto is okay, but the rest of them it's all just... God. Help me.
So it's come to this: LaRoux, Paramore, Black Eyed Peas (don't call me hypocrite if you think this counts as Pop/Rap, 'cause it's not!) Queen (my always long love) and I've come to discover Beatles and The Runaways thanks to movies actually (Across the Universe and The Runaways).
Back to the Disney thing real quick: I don't mean to bash on Disney's music. I love Disney. If you don't love Disney that's cool, but I love Disney. But lately now that I'm coming up on high school and I'm watching Hannah Montana with my little sister, I seriously wonder why the hell Miley, JONAS, Demi, all of the stars who are over the age of sixteen are still putting up with this, when they could be making a way better name for their careers and making their own music. I was actually proud when Miley Cyrus said "hell" in her song Can't Be Tamed. My first impression was kind of the "NOT Disney" thing. But seconds later I took it as "Finally! She's taking to her own music!" I mean do they seriously want us to believe that it's unicorns and rainbows (that's a valid expression with this topic, don't judge) in their lives? "Oh he dumped me." "Oh I still like him." "Oh I'm just an ordinary guy/girl." Give me a break. Most music today is cussing out, rap, and nothing but volatile lyrics WHICH! I am ALSO sick of! The music of this generation lately is being utterly SUCK-ISH.
Yes. This is a rant.
Just saying: To all you Disney Stars, why sing someone else's song when you could be singing yours? Hmmm? Questions, questions, questions...
Why am I talking to them, they're never going to read this... unless this blog suddenly becomes VERY popular and they decide to take a peek. That'd be a little embarrassing no?
Alright why the hell are we still on this topic?
Disney is just making everything sugar, spice, and everything nice, including serious voice modifiers, and a complete lacking of soul into the song.
I'm not bashing on Demi though, like I said, her music is actually pretty awesome.
Also the Disney shows are getting cheesy, loud, and really old. I'm a little sick of of double lives coming into play every time they create a new show.
Face facts.
Most people are in for a Musical Update.
-Katie
P.S Not a completely pointless rant like I thought, excellent! I don't feel like I wasted my time writing that anymore, at first I thought I was just going on about the same sh*t over and over. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment