Saturday, July 17, 2010

Icy Water and Cookie Dough Ice Cream

I would have posted yesterday the second I got home from my river adventurer but my Internet was down, so my apologies. Better later than never of course so: IT WAS AN AMAZING FUN DAY! It was nothing like I had imagined but it was better. At noon eight of us went down to a local Chinese place and even though we thought we were pigging out, we honestly weren't. Two plates of chicken Lo-mein and Sesame Chicken, one thing of this chicken that my friend Gavin got that was delicious. You'd think this was all super expensive but thank God we all brought money so we could pay the full $54.69 plus tip so $62.80... I think. I don't have the exact numbers.
After that six of us went to Gavin's house, Cira, Isa, Hunter, Madie, and me, waiting for Leanna and Mackenzie to come from Mackenzie's house. When they finally got there, we piled into two cars and drove three miles past my mom's to Strawberry Rock. There's basically three places on this rock where you can jump from. The lowest one is about five, six feet from the river. The second one is probably eight feet up, and then the highest one has to be eleven or twelve feet up. I think everyone except Isa and I went off that one. I only went off the lowest one because I'm scared of jumping off high things into icy water. The first time I jumped in, I screamed the second both my feet were off the rock and when I hit the water it was freezing cold! I swam as fast as I could to the edge of the rock to get out of the water, I was shaking and my breath was stuttered and quick, I was so cold. Isa had trouble jumping off, I think it took her half an hour to final jump and do the same thing as me. After that though we went off a whole bunch of times. At one point all of jumped off and then swam under the current to the other side. You would not believe how hard it is swimming under frigid water trying to hold your shaky breath. Then we all jumped back into the current and floated down about ten or twenty feet back to the same side as the rock. The weather was gorgeous and we eventually warmed up to the water. When I got home I was so tired I just watched Say Yes to the Dress and DC Cupcakes until dinner. I also watched Speak with Kristen Stewart which was pretty surprising, but it was really quite sad and not exactly the best scenario for me before entering high school.
Then today I hung out with Haley. We bought some cookie dough ice cream and talked by the river. After that we went to the library and I got the book Speak, Lady Antebellum CD, and Vanity Fair Reese Witherspoon. Might watch that tonight with Haley if she sleeps over. We ended up staying longer than I thought because we saw this girl from our school who talks a lot. Now I'm sitting at home writing this. The Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood just ended and now Where the Heart Is is on; two movies I watched with my friend last summer until two in the morning at her house. We were laughing and crying so hard...
Tomorrow I'm going rafting with my family for the first time all summer so that should be pretty fun. I was suppose to go today but me and my sister didn't really feel like it. Going to work on Monday, music camp for little kids all week and then off to Seattle! 13 days... After Seattle I have to work at the camp again but the one that's near my house. Then I'm going to the city for school shopping and then a possible party and then school itself. It's crazy I cannot believe summer is basically half over...
I know this must seem boring to you but I just want to keep my blog updated seeing how I might not have a chance to write for a while. Ugh this movie is so sad at the beginning...
Lacking Inspiration and something to do at the moment...
-Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment